You have a variety of tools at your disposal when creating Mindshows. Using the HTC Vive, click down on your trackpad. You'll now see a radial menu, move your thumb over a tool and release to select that tool.
You have 6 tools to choose from in Mindshow:
- Point your controller where you'd like to teleport.
- Pull and hold the trigger to teleport there.
As you teleport around your scene you'll notice that there are boundaries specific to each environment that you will not be able to teleport past. You'll also see the position of your own playspace represented with this tool.
Hop in Tool
- With the Hop in tool selected point your controller at a character and pull the trigger to become them.
- You will no be able to make a recording with that character.
You can read more about animating characters here.
Move & Rotate Tool
- Point your controller at a character or prop - it will turn blue.
- Pull and hold the trigger to select it.
- Drag the asset to move/rotate it.
Please note you will not be able to move or rotate a character with a recording attached to it. Characters with an attached recording will have a movie clip icon above them, deleting that icon will remove the recording and snap the character back to their default pose. You will then be able to rotate and move that character freely.
- Point your controller at a character or prop with the delete tool selected. The asset will turn red.
- Pull and hold the trigger to delete it. Byeeeee!
You can also use the delete tool to remove recordings and voice filters from a character. Deleting the movie clip icon above a character will remove its animation and snap the character back to their default pose. Some characters (e.g. Cat and Alien) will have voice filters applied by default. To remove these filters simply delete the speaker icon above a character's head.
You can also delete ambient environment sounds from a scene. Let's say you wanted to remove the engine sound in the plane scene for example. First teleport away from the spawn position in any environment and look back towards the blue floating robot, also known as Cam. Deleting the speaker icon above Cam will remove any ambient sounds in an environment.
The camera tool lets you record your show as a 2D video that you can share with friends! You’re free to point the camera anywhere you like - get creative! Please note you will not be able to record footage with the Camera until your scene contains a character with animation.
- Frame your characters and pull the trigger once to start recording. As you film, you'll notice the camera's movement has been smoothed, allowing you to capture steady shots. You can press the grip buttons on the sides of the controller once to lock the camera in place, and again to release the camera.
- Record until the end of your show, or pull the trigger again to stop recording.
- You’ll now see a blue loading screen – the app is exporting video to your computer.
Videos are saved to: “Documents > Mindshow > Videos” on your PC. If you've linked your Youtube account and turned on Auto-Upload, your show will also be uploaded to your Youtube account as an private video.
Once your video is ready don't forget to share it with the world!